Join the annual Maryborough Highland Gathering on New Years Day, which commenced with the White Hills meetings in 1858. This day is one of the most popular events on the sporting calendar drawing huge crowds to the town every year with the feature race being the Maryborough Gift which is run over 120 metres.
Thursday, 1st January, 2015
1 Park Rd, Maryborough, Victoria
Telephone: (03) 5461 1480
• Street March at 11.00 a.m.
• Highland Pipe Bands and Brass Bands on display.
• Bendigo Bank 120 metre Maryborough Gift – $10,300.
• Sheaf Tossing for height and accuracy.
• Highland Dancing (two Stands).
• Athletics – Men’s and Women’s events (70 metres to 1500 metres).
• Local and Inter State competitors.
• Bookmakers on Athletics and Racing.
• Massed Highland Dancers.
• Girl on the Drum spectacular.
• Massed Highland Bands.
• Highland Games and Caber Tossing.
• Sideshows and novelties.
• Pipe and Brass Bands on oval renditions.
• Strong Man events.
• Most appropriately dressed male and female patrons with Scottish theme.
• Ample catering.
• Evening concert and fireworks display.
• Comprehensive Program – Lucky prizes.
• Reasonable admission prices.
• Picturesque venue.
• 10.00 a.m. – 10.00 p.m.
• A day not to be missed .
• Phone (03) 5461 1480.
- Welcome to Scots of Victoria
- About the Association
- Join Scots of Victoria
- Contact Us
- Clan Associations
- Highland Pipe Bands
- Highland Gathering Societies
- Highland Dancing Societies
- Robert Burns Club
- Scottish Dance Societies
- Scottish/Caledonian Societies
- Scottish Gaelic Society of Victoria
- Scottish Voice
- Dates for Upcoming Events